Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Day 24, Farewell

The last morning of the 3 Nations Tour.

With  checkout at 11:00 and Grizzly's ferry not till 14:45, we could afford a lie in. Not sure if Grizzly got up any later but there wasn't the usual frenzy to get his bags on his bike. I had an extra 30 minutes under the duvet.

We had our breakfast, then took  a walk into town. There is very little to do in Carmarthen within walking distance but luckily for us, both things of interest to us, were within 10 minutes walk of the hotel. 

First up, Carmarthen Castle. There's not too much left,  the main gate, part of a tower and some of the original walls.




From the castle we made our way down to Merlin's Walk, where, surprise surprise, there is a wooden statue of Merlin.  11 years old and 11 feet tall, made from oak. 


After marvelling at Merlin, we made our way back to the hotel. We had talked about hanging around the hotel until midday  but when we got back Grizzly said he wanted to get going. We did our final packing, said our goodbyes and then went our separate ways. Our tour together had ended, after 24 days.

I arrived at my hotel for the night about 12:45. I'd chosen the scenic route, the A40 into Brecon,  rather than use the M4, a much more enjoyable ride. I stayed away another night,  so I could visit my grandson James again, rather than do the journey home in one big hit.

I spent a nice few hours with my daughter,  her husband and the boy, and had dinner with them. Then it was back to the hotel. Grizzly messaged me to say he had got home at 20:45.

Tomorrow I'm heading home. Brekkie is at 8:30, and I'll need to fuel up as soon as I leave the hotel. I reckon I should be home around 13:00.











No comments:

Post a Comment