Monday, May 17, 2021

Plan A?

 As more restrictions are lifted today, I was hoping we'd be able to say definitively that we'd be undertaking the tour under Plan A, i.e. starting 21st June. However, this new Indian variant of Covid seems to be causing a bit of a stir and could potentially affect those plans to release us from all restrictions in June. It's all a bit uncertain at the moment.

What is certain though is, that I have had my second jab, so like most who have had the vaccine I imagine, I am feeling less concerned than I was 4 months ago.

With just 34 days to go now, I've been reviewing the route. Just as well I did, as I found a ferry that I hadn't been aware of before, in Plymouth. In all on this tour, we'll be using  seven ferries. All but one are turn up and go, the exception being the ferry to the Isle of Skye, which I've had to book up. I've taken the risk of getting in there early, despite all the uncertainty, as I reckon there could be quite a number of people wanting to use that crossing once the restrictions have ended, so at least we are guaranteed to get on board now.

Grizzly has had the Shadslow serviced (won't make it any faster!) and according to him, he's nearly packed and ready to leave. He's very keen. Who can blame him? Woody's tours never disappoint. 😉 I usually leave my packing till the night before, so I'm not even thinking about that yet and Ginny isn't due a service till August, by which time she'll hopefully have another 5,000 - 6,000 miles under her tyres.

One last bit of news I have, is that our Route 66 friends Simon & Viv have booked to stay in the hotel we are due to stay in, in Bournemouth, so we can catch up once again. Wet last met up with them in Portsmouth the night before we set off on the Fistful of Euros tour in 2019. It's nice to keep in touch.

That's about all on the tour I think.

One last thing. I notice very few of you have signed up for email updates of the blog. As many of you are on the route and almost certain to be visited, I'd suggest it might be a good idea to know when two ugly, smelly bikers might knock on your door. I know I tend to post the updates on Facebook but getting the email updates means you're not likely to miss anything.

Cheers all.





No comments:

Post a Comment