Friday, March 19, 2021

2023 Come Early

 Welcome to the very first post of this new blog and welcome to The Three Corners Tour.

This tour was in the pipeline for 2023 but the cancellation of the long (even longer now) awaited Blink and you'll miss it European tour, has meant that we've decided to bring the UK tour forward and stay a bit closer to home, until the covid travel situation on the continent, is a lot clearer.

It's fairly straightforward. I'll meet Grizzly off the ferry in Pembroke, then we'll spend the next 3 weeks riding the coast of the UK, in a clockwise direction. So we'll head north, up the west coast of Wales, England and Scotland, nip across the top bit, then head south, down the east of Scotland and England, before making our way along the south coast as far as Lands End. The final couple of days take us back into Wales and along the south Wales coast back to Pembroke, where Grizzly will catch his ferry home. It should be quite a trip but I think Grizzly will have to get one of his nun friends to say a prayer for the weather, as it would be too fantastical to think the UK weather would be good the entire trip, without some intervention from on high.

As you will see when you peruse the blog, all the hotels are booked, so I, at least, am ready to go. The only possible issue on the horizon is, what the rules will be for Grizzly coming over. As yet, he's not had his covid jab, so getting 2 before the tour starts looks like a tall order. It may be he can get away with a test before he leaves, I don't know at the moment but it could also mean, another Plan B, for later in the year. I've already checked hotels, so just need to book them as backup. I'd feel a lot happier if I didn't have to pay up front though, as I've had to do with some already. I can still get a full refund if I need to cancel but in the short term my flexible friend has taken an unexpected hit.  

I think that's all for now. As usual, remember to sign up for email updates, it is safe to do so, and don't forget you can make comments on any of the posts. I like comments, even bad ones let me know people are following us and that's good to know.

Stay Safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment